|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 24 oz chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce Read the label and make sure it’s all zeros,
- 2 stalks celery cut into 2matchsticks
- 6 large lettuce leaves Boston or Romaine
- 1 red bell pepper large
- 1/2 stalk green onion lightly sprinkle to taste
- drizzle hot cayenne pepper sauce drizzle to taste
- In a crock pot, combine chicken, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the can of broth isn’t enough). Cover and cook on high 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from pot,
- Reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest.
- Shred the chicken with two forks,
- Return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce and set to on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- To prepare lettuce cups, place 4 oz buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with celery, red bell pepper slices and hot sauce. Wrap up and start eating!
- Serve 4 oz per wrap, 2 wraps per serving according to phase one for 8 oz of dinner protein.
- Franks hot sauce was used as hot cayenne pepper sauce.