|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cooked boneless, skinless, cubed
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 2 cups tomato diced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup turnip diced
- 1 cup zucchini sliced
- 1 cup french style green beans
- In a large soup pot, combine chicken, celery, green beans, tomatoes, broth, turnip, mushrooms and zucchini.
- Stir together and simmer over medium low heat for 1/2 hour, or until vegetables are cooked and tender.
- This recipe can also be put in the crock pot in the morning and left on high for the day to be served at dinner.
This complete recipe contains one cup of select veggies, one cup of occasional veggies to 8 oz of chicken. Counts as one cup of occasional vegetables per serving because of tomatoes and green beans.
Try adding 2 cups of sliced carrots and 2 cups chopped onion.