Mexican Cauliflower Rice & Shrimp
This recipe has been added to your Meal Plan
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
Mexican cauliflower & shrimp is a tasty, spicy and healthy! The jalapeno peppers are the secret ingredient to this recipe. The more the better. This complete meal allows you to combine your 1 cup of veggies and 8 oz protein in one delightful dish.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 lb shrimp raw deshelled, deveined
- 1/2 head cauliflower grated to make 3 cups
- 3 green onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion medium sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground to taste
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to large flat skillet. Sauté minced garlic, add shrimp. When shrimp turns pink, flip. When second side turns pink remove from heat and skillet, and place in warming draw.
- In large flat skillet, heat 1/4 teaspoon oil to cover the bottom.
- Sauté onion for approximately 1 minute.
- Add spices, and salt to the pan with grated cauliflower and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes, peppers and diced green onion tops,
- Stir to mix well and brown a bit.
- Remove from heat. Mix in cooked shrimp.