Rosemary Rib Eye and Mushrooms
This recipe has been added to your Meal Plan
Add to Shopping List
This recipe is in your Shopping List
This is one of our regular 10 recipes that rotate thru our house. The vinegar adds an awesome flavor to the mushrooms, and steak that will make this a regular in your house too! Serve with a side salad.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
|Recipe Step||1 & 3|
- 1 portobello mushroom cap large about 4 ounces
- 1 lb Rib Eye Steak
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rosemary freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- Four 12-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in warm water for at least 30 minutes
- Remove the stem and gills from the portobello with a sharp knife, and cut the cap into 8 wedges. Place the wedges in a medium bowl.
- Cut the steak into 8 equal pieces, and season them with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the meat in the bowl with the mushrooms. Add olive oil, vinegar, rosemary and garlic, and stir to coat mushrooms and steak well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium-high, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the bowl from the refrigerator. Skewer steak and mushrooms.
- Grill the kebabs, basting them as they cook, for about 3 minutes. Turn and cook for another 3 minutes, basting, before turning them over to cook on the first side again. Continue to cook on the first side for 2 to 3 minutes before turning them over and cooking a final 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season the kebabs with the remaining salt, and serve immediately.