|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups green bell pepper medium, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 1 can can pureed tomatoes 15 oz
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1 head boston lettuce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil when hot.
- Add green pepper, and garlic, and saute until tender.
- Add ground beef, and continue to cook until beef starts to brown (stir occasionally).
- Finally, stir in tomato puree, chili powder and ground cumin.
- Remove from heat and serve when beef is cooked through and tomato sauce is hot.
- Serve in lettuce cups and enjoy!
1 can pureed tomatoes = 2 cups of tomatoes
- Try adding 1 medium onion chopped
- Add onion, with green pepper, and garlic, and saute until tender.