|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 cups zucchini About 8 zucchini
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined, tails on, 16 pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp chile sauce
- basil thinly sliced (chifonnade) (optional)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Bring a medium pot full of water to a boil. Salt generously.
- Using a julienne peeler or mandoline, create ribbons of zucchini noodles. Blanch the zucchini briefly in the boiling water, for about 2 minutes, until just wilted. Drain the zucchini noodles and set both the vegetables and water aside.
- In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shrimp, chile sauce, and a little black pepper, to taste. Stirring frequently, cook until the shrimp is just cooked through and pink, about 3 minutes.
- At the tail end of the cooking process, stir in about 1/4 cup of the reserved water to create a sauce, . Serve the shrimp on a bed of zucchini noodles, and drizzle with the pan sauce. Garnish with cilantro and basil (if desired), and enjoy!
Makes two serving of select veggies to 8 oz of protein.