|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 lb ground beef lean beef or ground turkey
- 2 cups green bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 16 oz diced tomatoes Canned Tomatoes: 1 (16-ounce) can = 2 cups undrained tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/8 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- Brown the ground beef until fully cooked.
- Drain the fat from the beef and set aside
- Saute the vegetables in the same pan.
- Add water or broth, the ground beef,
- Let simmer for at least 15 minutes (the longer it simmers, the better the flavor).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Recipe serving size is perfectly calculated to include both 2 cups of veggies and 8 oz of protein, so nutritional values may seem higher.
- Remember that tomatoes are an occasional vegetable.
- Canned Tomatoes: 1 (16-ounce) can = 2 cups undrained tomatoes
Phase 4: try adding in 1/2 medium onion, diced.