|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 6 red bell pepper 1 med pepper = 1/2 cup select veg.
- 1 1/2 pound turkey breast ground
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup zucchini chopped, medium
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper chopped, medium
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper chopped, medium
- 1 cup spinach leaves chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes 1 (16-ounce) can = 1 cups drained tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Walden Farms Ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- scallions chopped to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl. Stuff meat mixture into red bell peppers. Cut stuffed peppers in half (cooks faster), place peppers in baking dish with meat mixture faced up.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 mins.
- Uncover and return peppers to oven and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes until brown. Sprinkle with chopped scallions if desired.
- Substitute 1 tbsp of tomato paste for 1 tbsp of Walden Farms Ketchup.
- Try adding 1/2 onion chopped to skillet with mushrooms, zucchini and peppers.
Recipe created by Karen Tellier