|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 oz large shrimp
- 5 oz sirloin steak cut into 1 inch cube
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup zucchini cut in 1 inch slices
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- For Lemon Baste:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Thread the meat, shrimp, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, yellow peppers and zucchini onto skewers.
- (If using wooden skewers soak in water first, to avoid charring). Cover
- and chill the kebabs until you are ready to cook (You can do this up to half a day ahead)
- To make the baste, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and
- desired seasoning. (This can be made ahead and chilled too.)
- Preheat the barbecue or grill and arrange the kebabs on the rack. Brush
- with the baste, stirring it first to make sure the ingredients are
- blended. Cook for 5-10 minutes, turning often, until the shrimp turns a
- pink and the vegetables are just tender. Serve while still hot by it’s
- self or over a bed of lettuce.
Surf and turf kabobs, will satisfy both your protein serving and veggie serving for a phase 1 dinner.