|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce low sodium
- Splenda to taste
- 1 teaspoon thai or red serrano chili pepper minced
- 1 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 1 red onion small, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber medium, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves coarsely chopped
- 10 basil leaves slivered
- 4 cups romaine lettuce about 2 hearts, small inner leaves can be left whole
- 16 oz boneless beef strip steak 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground to taste
- To make the dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, low sodium soy sauce, splenda, and chili pepper. Measure out 1 tablespoon and set aside.
- To make the salad: Season the steak generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill on a grill or in a lightly oiled stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat, 4 to 5 minutes per side (steak is best rare to medium and still pink in the center). Set aside and keep warm.
- To the bowl with the dressing, add the radishes, onion, cucumber, mint, basil and lettuce, and toss. Arrange on a large platter. Thinly slice the steak across the grain and toss with the reserved 1 tablespoon dressing. Arrange on top of the salad.